IH Certificate in Teaching English (TEFL)
To prepare candidates for a job or career as a language teacher working with students who are learning the target language as a second/third or foreign language.
It is, therefore, experiential learning which is supported by an input programme, the production of written assignments of a practical nature, and the observation of professionals in the field.
The main focus of the course is the planning and execution of lessons, followed by self-evaluation, group discussion, tutor’s oral and written feedback and candidate reflection on the whole process in order to inform future lessons and personal professional development.
Upon qualifying, participants will have reached a standard suitable for employment as a language teacher.
Who Should Take This Course?
The IHC is intended for a range of candidates, including primarily:
By the end of the course successful candidate will have:
Good level of language awareness and an awareness of potential problems learners face at a variety of levels
Lesson preparation including formulating overall and stage aims, appropriate staging to achieve aims and choosing appropriate materials with the aims and students in mind
Classroom teaching skills including the ability to successfully teach language skills and language systems lessons and then provide appropriate controlled and communicative practice which relates to the target point
The ability to establish a good rapport with individuals and groups of learners and to motivate them by relating lessons to their needs, interests and backgrounds
The ability to evaluate their own classroom performance and highlight areas for further development, and to act as a professional with regard to administrative matters and relations with colleagues
The IHC in Teaching English (TEFL) focuses on the planning and execution of lessons through teaching practice, written assignments and group discussions, all of which are observed by experienced tutors, who provide helpful feedback and encourage continuous self-evaluation.
The IHC in Teaching English (TEFL) is divided into 14 compulsory modules covering everything from classroom management to motivating students. There are further optional modules that may be covered towards the end of the course.
Areas covered include: lesson preparation and the selection of teaching materials, classroom management skills, student motivation, language awareness and identification of common learning problems.
Areas covered include:
There will be two types of tutors, who will guide trainees through the sessions, mark the two assignments, observe the trainee teaching and provide feedback on lessons.
The course offered full-time and part-time on a face-to-face and online mode
- Structure & Assessment
- Time Commitment
- How to apply
- Course Fees
- The course runs in two different formats fully online 100% and face-to-face courses. There are 14 compulsory modules, plus further optional modules towards the end of the course. Candidates are assessed on three main areas: coursework, written assignments and teaching practice. They are expected to complete a minimum of 6 hours teaching practice throughout the course eg. 8 x 40-minute lessons with two different levels.
- The course is taught by qualified, experienced tutors who hold an online and face-to-face tutoring qualification. Suitably qualified local tutors conduct the observations and the final portfolio is moderated by the IH Assessment Unit.
- The certificate is awarded to teachers who successfully complete the three areas of the course – coursework, the written assignments and teaching practice. The grading of the course is Pass or Fail.
- The course consists of 120 hours of input and a minimum of 80 hours of homework and reading tasks.
- The course offered full-time and part-time on a face-to-face and online mode
- Click Apply Now on the chosen date from the Calendar below
- Our team will contact you if they have any questions about your application.
- Once your application is approved, we will be in touch to let you know how to pay.
- The course is offered face-to-face and online through Zoom
- You can choose between our part-time and full-time course
Course Fees: 12000 EGP
Course fees must be paid in full prior to the start date.
If you have any questions please send to: email@example.com
Online TEFL Course
- Full Time
- Part Time
Face to face TEFL Course
- Full Time
- Part Time